Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Black lipstick? Too goth for even me??


I don't know why but I've been craving some dark, dark, dark lipstick. I've been sort of been shy when it comes to dark colors on my lips since everyone loves to point out how big they are(I really don't think they are) so I feel like if I wore black or dark on my lips it would be utterly ridiculous.


I don't mean the my life is like a black abyss where's the black lipstick and spiderwebs on my face kind of black lipstick


I mean the Vogue sort of, with some Victorian inspired frock or something and some pin-up ish hair. Something glamorous. I'm also wondering how maybe some black lipliner with red lipstick would look. Not the super cool chola look haha but maybe the black fading perfectly into the red, i dont know. Maybe Ill try it soon and see where it goes.

3 comments:

  1. I often find myself wanting something dark, but won't use black unless it's purpose is just for a photo shoot. I've been using very dark violet, red and browns with a black liner; usually NYX since it blends best with lipstick. It seems to work well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love NYX, I actually had NYX in mind when I was thinking about doing the black/red. I have a jumbo lip pencil from them and it's so creamy, and it's perfectly blood red, I shall try it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have really full lips as well but that's no reason not to enjoy all shades of lipstick! One of my favorites is Cyber by MAC. It's really dark but not quite black.

    ps. I like you're layout but I think you're main font is a little too small.

    ReplyDelete